Why I miss Little Rock
Why I miss Little Rock…
- My church, Somers Avenue Church of Christ. They were and still are my family. I miss them.
- My friends. They were and still are my family. I miss them.
- The Communications Group. They were and still are my family. I miss them.
- My 20s. There were some good times.
- My views. The city gives you a bigger view of the world for some reason or another. Although I like living in the small town bubble, I miss realizing how small I am on God’s Green Earth.
- Southern culture. Although SoMo has many of the southern culture nestled in our Midwesterner ways, it is not the same. Southern hospitality is like a genuine hug.
- Southern accents. Not everyone in Little Rock has an accent… that’s what people from Little Rock think. Ha! Visit St. Louis for a week every month. St. Louis people have a special accent and so do people from Little Rock. I seriously miss the hint of a southern twang.
Thank You Reba McEntire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38iv2u2ubAA. Okay, it might not be entirely about the place, but it still reminds me of my favorite big city.