Car Tips... from me... HA!
I’m not a mechanic and I’m barely savvy in that realm. However, I’ve been through 2 motor blow ups and a wreck. Therefore, I have some tips for all the ladies out there that need to be independent – that means having a vehicle for most of those out there.
- Get your oil changed on time. It’s important.
- Pay attention to your tires. It’s your foundation. Literally.
- Learn how to change a tire. I’m not practicing what I preach on this one, but I also suffer from it too.
- Listen. Seriously, listen. If it makes a noise that sounds crazy, don’t turn the radio up to “fix” it.
- Get a mechanic you trust. Trust is the key word. Also, go back to the mechanic. That mechanic is like your family doctor. He/she knows the health history of your car, the surgeries and implants. He/she also can usually predict death.
- If your car won’t start and the motor won’t turn over – it’s your battery.
- Which brings me to the next one, carry jumper cables in your car.
That’s my 2 cents. That comes from a lady that could care less what car she drives as long as it gets me from A to B. With that said, as soon as my Malibu bites the dust, I dream of getting a RED Chevrolet Impala. Yeah, I’m a mom… but it’s RED. So, I’m edgy too… right?